[mythtv-users] Monit and mythbuntu

robbinsck1 at gmail.com robbinsck1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 22:53:38 UTC 2008

Is anyone here using Monit on mythbuntu to monitor and restart your mythbox's? (Mysql and mythbackend) The functionallity of it seems great but my issue is with permissions I think. Maybe someone can help me sort this.

I've edited /etc/sudoers appropriatly to allow the group mythtv to execute /etc/init.d/mysqld and /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend.

/etc/monit/monitrc can't be executed by anyone other than the OWNER I've tried to give ownership to "user",  root and mythtv.

Whenever I open the web interface for monit and attempt to restart the backend or mysql I get a permission denied in the logs.

Has anyone seen this before or am I sounding greek?

Everytime I run