[mythtv-users] Asus EEE as frontend

mat mat at lessermatters.co.uk
Tue Oct 28 10:24:37 UTC 2008

>> But not as much technician so knowing much about how much it can.
>> Is it possible to have this running as a frontend delivering satisfying
>> TV from a backend using DVB-S ??? including HD?
>
> There's some recent discussion of the EEE box in this thread.
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/355056?search_string=%2BOT%20%2BWall%20%2BMount;#355056
>
> ..though it doesn't resolve all doubts.

I managed to get it working in a satisfactory way of my wifes EEEPC 701.
It was pretty darn good to be honest - I could watch TV in the back
garden!

However, since upgrading my server to 0.21 I've had issues - Only config
settings, I was hoping to get some help here actually.

I Managed to install latest myth using the debian etch repos on the
standard Xandros install. Fine.

The troubles begin when I start mythfrontend. The GUI comes up, so I get a
connection to the mySQL DB. Problem is when I try to watch live TV the
frontend tries to connect to 192.168.0.2:6543 (this is the wired
connection of my server) and I want it to connect to 192.168.3.1:6543 (the
wireless connection).

Previously I had the frontend on another machine and port forworded from
my wireless card to the correct machine it worked beautifully. I now get
this problem as my s/w router is the same machine as the frontend
(convergence, yeah?)

Any ideas you guys?

To sum up though, Mythfrontend on the standard eeePC works a treat and I
recommend it!

mat