[mythtv-users] Why RAID 5 stops working in 2009

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 18:41:39 UTC 2008

>     Nope, it's the same problem. The scale is just larger. If you
> happened to be interested in very large files, then the same old
> problems of economics rear their ugly heads. Requirements didn't
> all stand still as disks were getting larger. This is true all
> around.

At work where we currently have way more storage than we need (we are
probably at 35% of capacity). I could and have thought about this. But
at home for myth storage the cheapness of disk space does not override
the fact that HD programming is 4 times the size of SD so when moving
to HD I would rather not have 1/2 the space.

John