[mythtv-users] Number characters not working from frontend

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Oct 29 01:43:54 UTC 2008

On Oct 28, 2008, at 6:25 PM, Aaron Klein wrote:

> When I use the keyboard on the frontend interface under mythvideo they
> number keys on the num pad or on the general keyboard do not work as
> expected.  For example instead of the number 2 appearing I get
> something like [a2eb] or some other code set.  This seems to occur on
> three of my frontends.  Do I need to specify a keyboard type
> someplace?  The frontends are running mythbuntu 8.04

It's purposely designed to do that so you can type letters when just
using a keypad on a remote control. (You're supposed to keep pressing
the key until the character you want is highlighted, then wait for it
to accept the character, then move on.)

I agree it's annoying, but it would be even more annoying to have to
plug in a keyboard every time you wanted to enter a letter.

-Brad