[mythtv-users] Recording from my TV

Bob mythtv at cox.net
Wed Oct 29 02:47:23 UTC 2008

My HDTV has a firewire port that gives a transport stream.  I have been
unable to get this to work at all with MythTV as a firewire device.
Yes, I've tried many versions of MythTV over many months -- for some
reason a TV is not the same as a cable box.

My next idea is to use the FreeBox recorder.  The idea being I can have
the backend connect to localhost on some port which then turns on the
TV, sets the channel, and starts a stream.

The first issue is that mythtv does a "scan".  Not sure what it is
doing, but I cannot see it connect to the port I specified.  I created a
script in "/etc/inetd.conf" that calls a script, which in turn calls
test-mpeg2 to send a stream.

Any ideas?  Anyone created streams like this that MythTV can record?