[mythtv-users] heliocreek help request

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Oct 29 14:45:35 UTC 2008

On Oct 29, 2008, at 7:31 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> As I understand it, heliocreek is a fork of MythTV; therefore, you
> don't
> install MythTV then install heliocreek, you install heliocreek /
> instead
> of/ MythTV.
>
> However, the only real "benefit" of heliocreek seems to be the YouTube
> integration.  If you really want YouTube, you may want the MythTube
> plugin ( http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5589 ).  However, getting
> it
> would require the use of SVN trunk, which means you should sign up for
> the -dev and -commits list and read them and keep up with changes
> (i.e.
> several hours per week of work to use trunk).  Therefore, it may
> just be
> better to use MythTV for now, create a menu entry in the Myth menus
> using EXEC to launch your browser and have it go to the YouTube site,
> and wait patiently for MythTube to be available with a released
> version
> of Myth.

I can't get that to compile as it looks like it's using qt3 (I'm using
QT4 and am hesitant to install QT3 out of fear it will break my qt4
stuff since I don't know a whole lot about qt) and I couldn't find a
way to change the install prefix from /usr/local to /usr (as my setup
requires). Just a heads-up for anyone seeing this message and wants to
install MythTube.

-Brad