[mythtv-users] Ubuntu runlevel question

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 14:48:18 UTC 2008

> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=ubuntu+change+runlevel&spell=1
>
> The very first hit is this:
>
> http://www.debianadmin.com/debian-and-ubuntu-linux-run-levels.html
>
> The answer: Use the telinit command.
>
> Note: Ubuntu has an outstanding amount of documentation. If you can't
> find docs, always assume it's your fault and the docs actually do exist
> somewhere, so change the search.
>
> --
> Florin Andrei

Nothing like being a bit of a jerk on a users forum!
And B, nothing you've provided here really answers the question I had!

I needed to be in a multi-user/ssh enabled mode without anything
graphical running.  Besides, I never said the info wasn't out there,
all I said was that I wasn't finding it.  I had to figure out how to
modify what is assigned to runlevel 2 by default, and set my default
runlevel to 3, giving me the ability I've had in the past with other
distros.