[mythtv-users] Frontends

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Oct 30 21:19:07 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:

>> Boot Windows and run MythTV Player.  It does everything you're asking
>> for, but it's ironically Windows-only.
>>
>> As far as I know there's no convenient application-style frontend for
>> Linux.  I agree it would be nice to have.
>
> The only thing missing from the current frontend is ability to grab
> corners and dynamically resize when in window mode. Seems like it
> would be easier to implement than to build yet another new player.
>
> Personally, I didn't have much problem with leaving it at 800x600 or
> 640x480 so I never brought it up before.

I've kind of gotten used to that, but sometimes it's annoying.
Especially since it doesn't like to be moved, either -- if you move the
window, it snaps back to the original location whenever playback starts.

Also useful would be a command-line option to enable/disable the mouse
cursor.  I have two icons for starting mythfrontend, one full-screen and
one not.  I'd prefer to have the mouse hidden in full-screen and visible
in windowed mode.