[mythtv-users] Frontends

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Oct 30 21:35:47 UTC 2008

On 10/30/2008 05:19 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:
> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>
>> The only thing missing from the current frontend is ability to grab
>> corners and dynamically resize when in window mode. Seems like it
>> would be easier to implement than to build yet another new player.
>>
>> Personally, I didn't have much problem with leaving it at 800x600 or
>> 640x480 so I never brought it up before.
>>
> I've kind of gotten used to that, but sometimes it's annoying.
> Especially since it doesn't like to be moved, either -- if you move the
> window, it snaps back to the original location whenever playback starts.

Don't worry, there's work in progress.  Should be here before 1.0 is
released.  (Really, there's been work on it.  The 1.0 is just a promise
I'm sure we'll keep, though it's probably very conservative.)

> Also useful would be a command-line option to enable/disable the mouse
> cursor.  I have two icons for starting mythfrontend, one full-screen and
> one not.  I'd prefer to have the mouse hidden in full-screen and visible
> in windowed mode.

Hmmm, yeah, perhaps someone should add a setting:

Hide Mouse Cursor in MythTV
Toggles mouse cursor visibility. Most of the MythTV GUI does not respond
to mouse clicks. Use this option to avoid "losing" your mouse cursor.

to the Appearance section of mythfrontend settings...

Mike