[mythtv-users] Frontends

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Oct 30 22:21:43 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Oct 30, 2008, at 3:10 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:
>
>> Sarcasm duly noted, but you didn't read what I wrote, even though you
>> quoted it.  I want to be able to override that setting on the command
>> line so I can have the cursor either visible or hidden, depending on
>> whether I'm launching in windowed mode or full-screen mode.  I have a
>> machine where I use both modes at different times, and it's a pain to
>> page through the setup menus to change it every time.
>>
>> It's possible that --override-setting would work, but it's not clear
>> me what to use for KEY=VALUE to get the behavior I want.
>
> If key=value corresponds to the value/data in the settings table, the
> value is "HideMouseCursor"
>
> 1 means hide, 0 means don't hide.

Thanks, that did it.  My 'Mythfrontend (windowed)' icon now runs this
command:

mythfrontend --windowed --geometry 640x480 --override-setting
HideMouseCursor=0

The mouse still doesn't do anything functional in most of the UI, of
course, but at least now I don't lose track of it when it strays into
the Myth window.