[mythtv-users] Logitech Harmony remote config

Robert Moss rob at mossko.com
Thu Oct 30 23:13:38 UTC 2008

Indeed, the Harmony's are learning IR remotes / remote emulators

The most fully-featured remote for MythTV is the MCE (Media Centre
Edition) remote, second being the Hauppage PVR-350.

I use a HP USB MCE IR receiver, Harmony 525, and these instructions are
based on software version 7.5.0

You can set up the Harmony remote as follows:
Add an Activity: Manually set it up, Next, choose "Watch DVD or
Laserdisc", Next, "Watch My Videos", Next, "My Videos", Next, "Yes,
these settings are correct", Next, Done
Then add a Device: Click Devices Tab, click Add Device, Select "Computer
> Media Centre" from drop-down menu, select "MythTV" from Manufacturer
drop-down menu, enter "MCE" in to the Model field (Or PVR-350).  Click
Next, then select the radio button for MythTV and MCE remote, click
Next, Next.
Then click the large green button "Upload to remote" which will upload
the commands to your remote.

Then you need to run lirc-reconfigure.sh (I assume it's a standard lirc
package) and tell it what kind of remote you are using.  A hint: the
Hauppage PVR-350 in KnoppMyth is known as the "Hauppage Grey Remote"

You can troubleshoot the settings by using mode2 -d /dev/lirc0   (or
whatever device your O/S uses).

Enjoy!
Rob / mossko