[mythtv-users] LiveTV starting channel

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Fri Oct 31 08:38:44 UTC 2008

>>  Now it starts with last watched channel, and often it is channel that
>>  does not transmit. This is problem, because for some reason myth "locks
>>  up" when there is no dvb stream to receive, and sometimes I can't change
>>  channel at all. Sometimes it crashes mythbackend.
>
> If you enable Interactive TV, then off-air channels should display
> their off-air message instead of failing to lock. You can then change
> to another channel as normal.

Thanks for posting that, I didn't know about Interactive TV in Myth. The
only problem is that it still won't let me change channels. I get the
nice background message, but channel change doesn't work.

Before I enabled interactive TV, I would get a channel lock, but just a
blank screen. This happens with for example BBC4 first thing in the
morning, if I have set up something to record the night before.

I can change Inputs and get one that is tuned to a channel being
transmitted. However, WAF won't allow more than one button press to
change a channel.

Ian.