[mythtv-users] nvidia drivers - partial screen rotation?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Oct 31 15:15:11 UTC 2008

faginbagin wrote:
> Your image looks like my TV, a SD Panasonic. I've just accepted the TV
> is faulty and I've tinkered with the overscan settings in MythTV so
> playback of MythTV recordings look about the same as when the TV is
> tuning in channels. It does have the drawback that I lose a little bit
> at the edges I want to see when not in Myth. Oh well, someday I'll
> replace the TV.

Tube type TV's sometimes have a rotation adjustment setting, but this
may be inside and thus a 'tech-export' type of repair. You might try
googling for a repair manual.

The other choice is to just open the case, ease the tube restraints, and
just rotate the tube. This was quite easy on tv's built many years ago.
I remember my father doing it. He ended up wedging a folded up match
package cover under a bottom corner. If you go this route, just remember
to have the tv ON, and just pull the plug, so as to *attempt* to drain
the capacitors before poking and prodding inside. (IIRC my father first
attempted to rotate the yoke on the neck of the tube but it was fixed or
glued in place.)

Geoff