[mythtv-users] Just let my TV de-interlace

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 16:54:26 UTC 2008

> That might be the case for some people, but the opposite is true in my
> case. I currently use 1080p for everything (it's fixed resolution for my
> myth system, and mythfrontend does all the scaling and deinterlacing),
> and there's a tiny tear line that descends slowly over the screen, and
> then there's a small jump (a single frame is maybe either lost or
> doubled, I'm not sure which) when the tear line reaches bottom. The jump
> occurs approx once every 30 seconds or so.
> --
> Florin Andrei

1 frame every 30 seconds would match up almost perfectly in the
difference between 60 and 59.94 (the actual frequency of most
broadcast video)  I added a --logverbose 20 when I started X and it
dumped the EDID contents from the TV which gives you which modelines
are available from the TV.  You can either use this to generate a
modeline, or in my case, the metamode was 1920x1080_60 for true 60Hz
and 1920x1080_60_0 for the 59.94 Mhz version.  Xorg.0.log reports the
EDID resolution as a CEA-861B Timing.  There is also one for 720p and
480p

Try setting your default res in xorg.conf to 1920x1080_60_0 instead of
the nvidia-auto-select
That modeline (1080p at 59.94Mhz) for my TV is 148.35 1920 2008 2052 2200
1080 1084 1089 1125 +HSync +VSync

59.94 fps * 30 seconds = 1798 frames

60 fps * 30 seconds = 1800 frames.

Curious to know if that fixes your problem.