[mythtv-users] Web based remote controls?

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Mon Sep 1 03:06:53 UTC 2008

David Fishburn <dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com>, said on Sun Aug 31, 2008 [10:09:17 PM]:
} MythTV 20.2 backend on Ubuntu Hardy.
}
} I am running MythBuntu 8.04 as my frontend client.
} It is actually an AppleTV, but I don't think that is particularly relevant.
}
} Anyway, I need to gain access to it via the web as a remote control for it.
}
} I was trying one flash based web remote control, but I could not get
} it to connect via telnet to the box.  The website never responded with
} help for the configuration.
}
} So I am looking to see what other solutions people are using and how
} easy it was to configure.
}

not that I have seen such a thing already done but if I were looking
for such a functionality I would make a web interface that has a picture
of a remote and clickable buttons.
using the telnet interface and a cgi script type thing.

--
"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
steve at heistand.org