[mythtv-users] Web based remote controls?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Sep 1 03:25:04 UTC 2008

On Aug 31, 2008, at 8:06 PM, Steve Heistand wrote:

> David Fishburn <dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com>, said on Sun Aug 31,
> 2008 [10:09:17 PM]:
> } MythTV 20.2 backend on Ubuntu Hardy.
> }
> } I am running MythBuntu 8.04 as my frontend client.
> } It is actually an AppleTV, but I don't think that is particularly
> relevant.
> }
> } Anyway, I need to gain access to it via the web as a remote
> control for it.
> }
> } I was trying one flash based web remote control, but I could not get
> } it to connect via telnet to the box.  The website never responded
> with
> } help for the configuration.
> }
> } So I am looking to see what other solutions people are using and how
> } easy it was to configure.
> }
>
> not that I have seen such a thing already done but if I were looking
> for such a functionality I would make a web interface that has a
> picture
> of a remote and clickable buttons.
> using the telnet interface and a cgi script type thing.

You mean like the top hit on google when searching for "mythtv web
remote"?
http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/?p=29

Or the second hit which is basically the same functionality, but
designed to fit the iPhone display?
http://www.legatissimo.info/node/355

Or maybe the third hit which is a forum message that points to this:
http://netti.nic.fi/~icewood/mythetomer/index.php

I'll let you find the rest.

-Brad