[mythtv-users] Web based remote controls?

David Fishburn dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 18:18:36 UTC 2008

> Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 16:12:45 +1000
> From: "Phill Edwards" <philledwards at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Web based remote controls?
> To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

> > I was trying one flash based web remote control, but I could not get
> > it to connect via telnet to the box.  The website never responded with
> > help for the configuration.
>
> Did you try this one? http://www.ifeedme.com/rocketremote/
>
> It works for me.

Thanks Phil.

This is the one that I had been hoping to use.
I followed through the instructions (months ago) and it needs to
connect to the host via telnet.

There is no place to add a user / password to log in to the machine with though.
So how did you configure things on Ubuntu side to accept the connections?

I posted about this on their support site on June 16, 2008, but there
were never any responses.
Do you know what (if any) additional packages had to be installed to
get this working?

Thanks,
Dave