[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Channel Scan Issue

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Mon Sep 1 18:23:32 UTC 2008

Ryan Belcher <ryanb at packetpub.net>, said on Mon Sep 01, 2008 [02:14:49 PM]:
} Hi All,
}
} I've seen lots of Google results regarding channel scanning issues with
} the HDHR and MythTv.  I recently got a HDHR and I'm running into the
} problem full force when connected to my cable provider (Charter Atlanta
} -- Gwinnett county).  I've tried increasing the scan timeouts (up to 45
} seconds) and there's only one channel that gets the right
} identification, on and off, out of about 47 channels it detects as being
} non-encrypted.  Otherwise, it marks the channels as "91#[stream number]"
} (ex. 91#33).  These channels start at 91#4 and go up to 91#51 sequentially.
}
} The HDHR software does detect the channel info properly when used
} standalone.
}
} The two most prevalent workarounds I've seen are increasing the scan
} timeouts (seemingly ineffective for me), and scripting a DB fix with the
} correct info.
}
} I'm using the most recent SVN trunk 18240.
}
} Does anyone have a fairly robust way of getting this to work right?
} I've got no problem trying to tweak the DB, but I'm at a loss as to how
} one goes about getting the right channel frequency, and ID information
} collected and synchronized to fix the database by hand.
}
} Thanks all!
}

The OTA issues aside (though maybe they are related I dont know)
when I got a HDHR to replace a couple pci tuners I just added a new
hdhr tuner and told it to use the channels from the listing source.
didnt even bother to do a scan channels things. That worked just fine.
maybe Im not understanding your problem though.

--
"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
steve at heistand.org