[mythtv-users] Web based remote controls?

Yolan yolanother at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 19:52:08 UTC 2008

Does anyone know if there's a way to have the telnet remote interact with
mplayer or other external apps? So far it seems that it only has control
over the mythfrontend itslef.  I've got an external server app that will do
just about the same thing for all apps, but it would be better if it was
maitained with the mythtv telnet app.

Yolan

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com> wrote:

> David Fishburn wrote:
> >> Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 16:12:45 +1000
> >> From: "Phill Edwards" <philledwards at gmail.com>
> >> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Web based remote controls?
> >> To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> c92a75980808312312w14183cb9p46772d6dc94d3ab1 at mail.gmail.com>

> >> Did you try this one? http://www.ifeedme.com/rocketremote/
> >>
> >> It works for me.
> >>

> > Thanks Phil.
> >
> > This is the one that I had been hoping to use.
> > I followed through the instructions (months ago) and it needs to
> > connect to the host via telnet.
> >
> > There is no place to add a user / password to log in to the machine with
> though.
> > So how did you configure things on Ubuntu side to accept the connections?
> >
> You don't need a user/password, because the mythfronted program acts as
> the telnet server. You have to make sure that the 'Network Remote
> Control interface' is enabled (in SVN trunk builds it's under Setup ->
> General -> 4th page) and note the port (6546 by default).  Then all you
> need to do is telnet to that port and you will be in the control
> interface. You may have to allow incoming connections to port 6546 in
> your firewall, I don't recall how to do that in Ubuntu.
>
> Tom

Yolan <yolanother at gmail.com>
http://www.doubtech.com
AIM: YolanOTHER