[mythtv-users] Navigating the hardware mine field

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Sep 2 14:36:43 UTC 2008

John Taylor wrote:
> Yes, just used as a frontend with minimyth. Performance with recorded
> files is good, although there is a tendency to crash watching live tv
> (I don't use it much for this)

My friend with the M10000 also has problems with live TV. How
much memory do you have in yours? The problem for me is that
I'm intending to use MythTV to replace two existing commercial
DVRs, both of which are very reliable. It's going to be disappointing
if the end result is a bit flaky.

As a test, I installed the frontend
software on a spare server of mine. That was fine running Live tv.
I wonder why it should be a problem on the M10000, and whether
others are seeing this on low power hardware.

> WAF is good and was a good buy for the low price, totally silent
> running and small form factor.

Totally silent sounds good. I thought the M10000 had a fan. Is
that wrong, or is it just a really quite fan?

Cheers,
	Paul.