[mythtv-users] white dots on top of screen

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 14:39:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Paul <mylists at wilsononline.id.au> wrote:

> I have seen this twice when I'm playing TV (movies) , I see a set of
> dots on  the top of the screen.
> I have just recently switch to "Fullscreen"  sizing (no overscan). Is
> there anyway to trim this.
>
> Also I think there is a pixel or two gap that sometimes appears at the
> bottom which I'm guessing is showing the desktop thru, but the White
> dots ,I'm not sure where they are coming from, as I see it in the
> "preview" windows too, so it must be on the original broadcast.
>

> Paul

Set the overscan to 3%.  That is the way the TV stations intend the material
to be watched.  That is what TV sets do.  When you take a photo to get a
print made, if you pick borderless, that is what is done as well.  Printers
do it automatically when you make a print.  That is how it is dealt with.
Try it.

Allen