[mythtv-users] Fwd: Playback of recordings end prematurely

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 2 15:47:57 UTC 2008

On 09/02/2008 07:30 AM, Nick Morrott wrote:

>  Out of interest, do you know if in-stream rate changing for TV
>  broadcasts routinely occurs all over the world, or is limited to
>  certian markets (29.97 vs 23.97 vs 59.94 vs 60 etc)?

TTBOMK, it occurs frequently in digital television broadcasts pretty
much everywhere (if not everywhere).  But, it shouldn't occur on
ivtv-created recordings.

>  Julian's original post made me wonder whether the 30 minute recording
>  had its length calculated using one framerate but was actually
>  recorded at another in its (near) entireity, giving the wildly
>  inaccurate programme timing.

Yeah, it's possible that his ivtv is recording with 12frames/GOP (as
he's in a PAL area), but, IIRC, Myth always assumes 15frames/GOP for
ivtv recordings.

Mike