[mythtv-users] Delays in navigating Guide

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 2 18:03:19 UTC 2008

On 09/02/2008 01:56 PM, Norm wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 19:37 -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>
>> Guess you didn't see my post. The bob deinterlacer will do this. It's
>> been fixed in svn.
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3986
> I've basically been ignoring SVN lately because of the major changes
> that were being done with OpenGL (forgive me if thats not accurate).  Is
> it somewhat stable again to use?

Better choices are to:

a) disable Bob deinterlacer in all profiles in your chosen playback
profile group (see
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Playback_profiles which recommends
creating your own custom profiles rather than editing the examples)

b) quit using LiveTV, which means you won't use the LiveTV EPG, which
means you won't be affected by the issue.

I'm running trunk /only/ on my dev box (which has no capture card
hardware--only a development "soft" card) because, IMHO, trunk is not
yet ready for use on production hardware--even for someone who spends
way too much time messing with MythTV.  And, if you actually have a life
outside Myth, you really don't want to run current trunk on your
production system.

Mike