[mythtv-users] VMWare, HDHomerun, and SD-TV

Ben Curtis mythtv at nosolutions.com
Tue Sep 2 19:49:06 UTC 2008

Hey everyone,
I'm really interested in converting my MythTV box from a standalone
machine with two HD-5500's and a PVR250 into a VMWare session on my
quad core server.  I see that the HDHomerun would replace the
HD-5500's as a network caputre device, but what about a VMWare
friendly solution to replace the PVR250?  I currently have an RCA
DirecTV satelite reciever hooked up through the composite inputs on
the PVR250 (picture seems better than COAX), and use a serial to RJ11
adapter I made to change the channels.
What do you guys think the best solution would be?
Thanks, Ben