[mythtv-users] Howto manually schedule for every workday

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Wed Sep 3 16:17:57 UTC 2008

Carl Fongheiser wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com
> <mailto:kkuphal at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 4:01 AM, Tomi Makinen <makinen at gmail.com
>     <mailto:makinen at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hey,
>
>         I would like to schedule childrens programs every workday,
>         same time and same channel. The names differ alot.
>         The first one might be the same everytime for now, but that
>         might change. Is there way to do this, if not counting 5
>         different recording schedules ?
>         With powersearch fex?
>

>     Powersearch is probably your best option.  Some SQL for day > X
>     and < Y will probably suffice.  I'm not sure the exact syntax but
>     it shouldn't be hard to figure out.
>

> It should look like this:
>
>   DAYOFWEEK(program.starttime) > 1 AND DAYOFWEEK(program.starttime) < 7
>
> (DAYOFWEEK() returns a number from 1 to 7, where 1 is Sunday.)
>
> Obviously, you'd also want to have clauses for the actual start time
> and the channel.
>
> Carl Fongheiser

There are several ways to do this. I used to have it set as a regular
manual recording, record every day starting at 18:00 hours on the
channel, duration 60 minutes. Make sure you set the first day as a
sunday to make it record 7 days a week. Pick a monday as the first day
if you want only weekdays.

This will work, and you will get the same "name" for the recordings
every time. This might  be a feature or a bug depending on your
preferences. I have recently switched to a powersearch to get the
different segments in separate recordings (seems dvb recordings spanning
several programmes sometimes are difficult to play back).