[mythtv-users] Playback on Vista laptop

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Wed Sep 3 23:22:34 UTC 2008

As a linux user who uses the occasional XP, I was just typing a document on
my dad's Vista laptop when a little popup dialog came up asking me if I
wanted to open media sharing with Mythbox MythTV AV Media server. I was a
bit perplexed and went through a few motions to open the sharing access,
then the Windows Media Player Library opens up and I saw in the Video
section all recordings from my mythbox server. I tried playing one and it
worked, but the reading is pretty slow, and I'm wondering if it's already
streaming or is it downloading the entire file to cache to then playback, or
what the method is. If it's not already, how can I have it stream instead?

Thanks
Bob