[mythtv-users] reconciling database and recorded files

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Thu Sep 4 02:50:45 UTC 2008

I finally got my new big drive formatted* and have begun amalgamating my
recordings onto it. I notice though, that I have several files for 2-hour
recordings that I don't have listed in my database, at least as seen through
MythWeb.

MythWeb does list these files, but after recording them I had edited out
everything I didn't want, leaving these recordings at about 10 minutes. I've
just always assumed MythWeb and/or the database doesn't list the actual
length after editing and transcoding. Could these 2-hour recordings be left
over from what I did?

Then this got me wondering about the subject of this message. Is there any
tool that would reconcile database entries vs recorded files (probably
including the PNG thumbnails)? Maybe someone has a handy SQL query snippet or
pointer to such to get me started?

* I went with ext3 simply because it's there, works OK for me (slow deletes,
light load), I'll experiment elsewhere first, and I don't have a mks.xfs with
my Fedora 7, which is due for upgrade once the new drive is integrated.