[mythtv-users] Secondary viewing location help

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 18:01:41 UTC 2008

> It's a *lot* less hassle to just knock up another front-end box... probably
> going to end up cheaper too.

Depends if you include the "hassle" you get from your wife from
spending more money on this hobby.

Anyway, I can play with different myth config files for different
sound for two sessions, and I can deal with the remote control
aspects.

Can anyone provide any guidance on getting two separate sessions on
two separate screens preferably with two separate users.  If I need to
I can stick in a second sound card that I have sitting around.  I
could use my discrete graphics card to output a screen to a composite
TV output, and the integrated video (nvidia 6150) to display 1080p on
the HDTV.  Again, I'm not worried about both sessions playing video at
the same instance in time, just one or the other.

Also note: I'm using 8.04 Mythbuntu.