[mythtv-users] Clarification please: Storage Groups

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 20:47:31 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Bob Sully <rcs at malibyte.net> wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> > On Sep 2, 2008, at 7:22 PM, Bob Sully wrote:
> >
> >> Assuming that I copy all of the recordings from the three existing
> >> Storage
> >> Group partitions onto the two new ones, will Myth be able to figure
> >> out
> >> where they are (e.g., it won't try to look on /mythrec/drive3, since
> >> it'll
> >> no longer be there)?  Yes, I will of course update the Storage Group
> >> settings in Setup.
> >
> > Yes.
> >

> Thanks, Brad, I assumed so, but since I didn't see it explicitly mentioned
> in the docs, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask!
>
> Bob

Actually, I think the answer is right, but your example might be wrong.
Someone can correct me, but I believe that it actually WOULD look for drive3
first, fail to find it, then check the rest of the storage groups and
successfully find it somewhere else. I seem to recall from when I moved
stuff all around on my system that it does look where it originally recorded
it and where it expects it to be first to save time.

Ryan