[mythtv-users] Magnatune/Jamendo/Last-fm plugin

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 21:04:29 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Barry Williams <bazzawill at gmail.com> wrote:
> you can add some specific streams from magnatune and a direct last.fm
> stream but I would like to interact with the service such as search
> through all magnatune's music & last.fm's sounds like ala
> rhythmbox/banshee/other media players.

I can certainly see the utility in that!

I have successfully integrated a slimserver client into myth:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/278169#278169

There is a magnatune plugin for slimserver:

http://magnaslim.sourceforge.net/

and lasat.fm plugin too

http://www.jamescraig.co.uk/SlimServer (damn that page is ugly!)

None of those solutions will integrate fully with myth, in that it
won't be themed etc. I wish someone would write a plugin framework for
myth in python or something so plugins were easy to build by non c++
programmers (like me).