[mythtv-users] How to "Apply" an Edit in editing mode

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Sep 6 00:21:07 UTC 2008

<Fixed the e-mail formatting that a brain-dead mail client mangled,
again.  Starting to hate GMail more than ever.>

On 09/05/2008 07:08 PM, Bobby Gill wrote:
>  On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> >> Okay, so now when I play the recording it jumps to that position
> >> and the cuts are fine, how do I actually trim the file itself so
> >> that the cuts are removed?
> > If you're saying you did as I recommend and when you hit x during
> > playback it does not say "Transcoding" on the on-screen display and
> > it does not transcode, I would guess there's an error message in
> > your log file--probably the frontend log file--saying why.  My
> > guess, you're using a remote frontend and the file is not available
> > locally (i.e. you need to NFS-mount the backend storage on the
> > frontend).
>
>  Yes, what happens is the recording exits and i'm back at the
>  mythfrontend menu. I just searched for my mythfrontend log but can't
>  find any on my system (nothing in /var/log or in ~/.mythtv), so I ran
>  mythfrontend in shell and watched the output, there were no errors.
>  This is what was shown as I hit X on playback and it exited the
>  recording and went back to menu:

... <log with no errors>

>  Just checked the mythbackend.log and nothing in there either.

Then I have to assume that you remapped your keys and x is no longer the
key bound to QUEUETRANSCODE (in the TV Playback context) or you're
hitting the wrong button on the remote or something.

To check keybindings, go to MythControls.

Mike