[mythtv-users] Bad reception Tip

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 14:11:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 7:56 PM, Lindsay Mathieson
<lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> I imagine this hint is very much old news to most people here :)
>
> Hint : When reception goes south on one channel don't spend two days checking
> wiring under the house, the roof top antenna or reinstalling your tuner setup
> from scratch.
>
> Check that you didn't knock the power cable over the Signal Booster. Moving it
> two feet dropped Bit Errors from 50,000+ to 0.
>
> Remind me of this when things go pear shaped in the future ... And I'm having
> a beer. Or two. S**t lets make it a dozen.
>

> --
> Lindsay Mathieson
> http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blackpaw1/album

Interesting...is this true for the AC power cord and the indoor
portion of mast mounted antenna amps?  I should make sure mine's
separated well...it's pretty chaotic behind my big RPCRT.

That reminds me of a network issue a friend had at home.  We spent
days trying to figure out what the problem was.  It turned out that
his cable modem had been moved close to his router.  Moving either one
six inches cleared it up entirely.  He discovered it entirely by
accident.

Tom