[mythtv-users] /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg/pidcache.*

John and Holly Klug j.h.klug at gmx.net
Sun Sep 7 03:23:02 UTC 2008

The files pidcache.MYI and pidcache.MID are constantly being updated on
my system.  Could they be placed in a memory file system?  Seems like it
must be keeping the hard drive busy for no reason at all.

Should I just save copies of the files, and create them in memory and
link to them during boot?  Obviously I don't want the schedule of what
to record to wind up in an in memory file system, but if this is just
EDID stuff being read from my TV card, why waste the energy writing to disk?