[mythtv-users] Home media system

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Sep 7 14:49:02 UTC 2008

peter nikolic wrote:

> What file system for the data drive  please do not say ext of any breed that
> is a total none starter (caused me way too many problems even on  recent new
> installs and new hardware)

I'm probably not the best one to answer that. XFS seems to be popular. I
just use ext3, with the slow deletes option the biggest problem with
that is solved. It may not be the fastest, most efficient, most glitzy
file system, but it works well for me.

I also use RAID0. I know all the reasons not to, but again, it works for
me. I've never had a problem, and if a drive failure dumps everything,
it's only television. I can record 3 programs, watch a recording, run 2
commflag jobs and optimize my database, all at the same time with no
problems.

beww