[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 17:49:02 UTC 2008

> I would like to know as well.  I have a 5400+ machine and it sometimes hangs
> up for several minutes.  Usually it is fine.  Really strange, and always
> happens to my wife as well.
> I bought an optical remote keyboard but it was junk and failed after a few
> hours.  I wanted to program my universal remote (MX-500) to issue key
> commands.
> Allen
>
> Allen

Same issue here.  Never thought much about it as I (well, my wife)
only noticed it when she would try to schedule a recording via the
frontend, or when browsing the program guide.  I just assumed it was
the app parsing all of the program data, being that there's umpteen
million shows on TV within a 2 week period on your average cable
subscription.

It'll be interesting to see if any resolution comes out of this thread.