[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: LIRC and multiple apps

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Sun Sep 7 20:50:58 UTC 2008

I use my desktop as a mediac pc and run mythfrontend, mplayer, Mpd/mpc, etc.
I've run into the problem where if I open mythfrontend, any keypresses that
are also used by mpc will be caught my mpc and for example hitting play in
mplayer will hit play in mpc, etc.

I'm wondering how I can make a script or something to potentially "switch"
or choose which app at a given time gets to use LIRC? Previously with Amarok
I had a few buttons bound to "amarok -q" and "amarok" to start and stop the
app itself so I could kill it when mplayer started and open it again at any
time, but I've switched to mpd and am wondering how I can do this now.

Thanks
Bob