[mythtv-users] Requesting Help with RSS Feeds

Chuck Mattern camattern at acm.org
Sun Sep 7 23:48:16 UTC 2008

Greetings All,

I'm new to MythTV but not to Linux or OpenSource.  I'm just looking for
a place to start looking and did not see an obvious FAQ on mythtv.org.
I have set up 0.21 based on CentOS 5.2 and the ATRPMS repo.  Most of my
set up is working fine, TV flowing in but SOME of the RSS feeds are not
working and I'm hoping to find some troublshooting tips so I can track
this down.  Being  newb here I'll acknowledged that these are likely all
self inflicted wounds.

   1. Weather - works
   2. News - all 26 that I selected report "Failed to retrieve news"
   3. Movie Times reports - Failed to process the grabber data
   4. MythFlix- Browse Movies reports "Failed to retrieve news" for all
      categories selected (yes I' sure I put in my password and id
      correctly) View Queue and Rental History both show the same
      problem but since I've never been able to get past browsing I'm
      not ready to call that an error, there really is no data...

Since all of these seem to be RSS based and weather is working I will
again assume I've done something wrong, any clues as to where to track
down the logs for each of the problem children or words of wisdome on
trouble shooting these would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck