[mythtv-users] Let's talk about auto wakeup

Jason Gauthier jgauthier at lastar.com
Mon Sep 8 01:34:57 UTC 2008

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Brad DerManouelian
Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2008 9:04 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Let's talk about auto wakeup

On Sep 7, 2008, at 5:57 PM, Jason Gauthier wrote:

All,

  Well, I believe I was able to get shutdown and wakeup working.  Not super difficult, but a bit of testing and scripting.

I was thinking though.  Myth doesn't shutdown when a client is connected.. but mythwelcome automatically loads the frontend.

So, if I decide to leave, and the machine powers up to record and episode, or whatever.. it will never power off again.

How do you all work around this?

  Set mythwelcome to not automatically launch mythfrontend.

I have seen a number threads about this, but there is no clear option. Command line parameter?