[mythtv-users] 16:9 zoom/stretch and 0.21

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Sep 8 16:36:57 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 07:02:16AM -0700, Allen Edwards wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 5:46 AM, <backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org> wrote:

[deletia]
> > Here's the other potential deal breaker that is my question:  My display
> > is a 28-inch monitor at 1920x1200.  We frequently watch many (most) SD
> > recordings using the 16:9 zoom setting available from the OSD.  This
> > cuts off a little bit, but fills the whole screen (i.e. even more than
> > 1920x1080), and, well, we like it.  Technically, the image is getting
> > zoomed to 16:10.
> >
> > This option seems to be missing from the 0.21 that comes with Mythbuntu
> > 8.04.  I forget the exact settings that are available, but I believe
> > there were only four choices rather than the six that were there before,
> > and the zoom/stretch ones were missing.

    Zoom and Stretch seem to be off of different menu entry points now.

    Which particular option do you think is missing?

    If you particular key mappings don't quite work right any more
you might want to try looking through the menu. I see something like
this as a quirk with one of my frontends. Zoom is now mapped to aspect
ratio despite the fact that everything should be identical. For that
box I use the menus rather than my previously defined "hotkeys".

> > Is this a new "feature".  Is there some setting I need to change in
> > setup to get the old behavior back?
> >
> > J.S.
[deletia]