[mythtv-users] MythTV using NAS (on a via ) using Gigabit ethernet.

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 8 16:45:40 UTC 2008

2008/9/6 Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>:

> That's an unsupported configuration. I'm happy it's working for you,
> but if one day it should stop, you'll have to fix it yourself.

I don't mean to sound like an arse, but I'm quite confused. What
exactly would depend on the master-backend having a tuner? Isn't a
master backend with a busy tuner and a slave backend with a free tuner
is the same a master backend with a free tuner resource wise?

[Yes I know, not supported, tested, or anything like that..]

>> I was doing this for a while as well, for commercial flagging and
>> transcoding. No tuners, but the backend process is required to
>> flag/code. Would be really nifty if those two could stand along
>> without a backend, but for now, that's what's required.
>

> Your wish has been granted. ;)
> You should be running mythjobqueue instead of mythbackend.
>
> -Brad

Steve "Just Curious" Daniels