[mythtv-users] 16:9 zoom/stretch and 0.21

backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org
Tue Sep 9 13:20:09 UTC 2008

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 Mike said:

> X config, not Myth config (though that's not what's causing the
> "problem" you're seeing, it's still wrong).
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Display_Size
>
> > So I still only get the four options when I cycle through
> > the "change aspect ratios" option from the menu.
>
> Because you don't want to change the aspect ratio, you want to change
> the zoom. Use the Zoom menu.

OK, gotcha.  Thanks.

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 Allen said:

> I assume the sound issue is an analog output and not spdif. Is that
> correct?

Yes, this board doesn't have SPDIF.  And not too many card slots either,
I want to keep the one PCI slot remaining open for possible future
external eSATA drives for more storage rather than get a PCI sound card.
 So I am sticking with the interal analog sound.

And you know what, it sounds great (with the old kernel/ALSA driver)
paired up with a set of Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers.  My "real work"
computer (actually computers, one XP and one Ubuntu with three monitors
and a KVM switch!) has a set of 2.1 speakers hooked up to internal
analog sound cards and you can hear web pages scroll up and down ;-).
So I was very pleasantly surprised at how great my analog MythTV
Intel-HDA/Logitech X-540 set up sounds.

I basically do have the sound working with 8.04's new kernel/driver, at
least as well as it is going to work.  The new driver just isn't as
good, so I don't want to stick with it.
(http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=907652)

J.S.