[mythtv-users] Confusion about DVB vs Analog

RR itsaboutprogress at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 20:10:25 UTC 2008

Thank for the reply.

I am in the US. And you are correct on the QAM256 which is what i had
to use for mythtv and xaw to find the channels during scan.

Basically I am trying to figure out the best way to get the clearest
picture from cable. Analog looks pretty bad but i could use it if i
had to. However, when i finally got xawtv to work which never did
before until i loaded the dvb module in the kernel, the picture seemed
much better.

So I dont know if its QAM, ATSC or what but i want the best picture
and wasnt sure if i was overlooking something i should be using
instead of analog :)

Hardware: pchdtv 5500 linux pci card
AMD64 X2 running Kubuntu Hardy with kde 4.1
Cable from Cox Communications straight off a wall jack (coax).

thanks for the help
Ryan