[mythtv-users] anybody using Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-S-Plus ?

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Wed Sep 10 23:30:25 UTC 2008

I need a DVB-S card and it looks like the Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-S-Plus is
easy to purchase and might have support in the kernel.

Anybody using this card with v0.21 on a recent Linux distribution?
Success stories? Horror stories?

If it works fine, I will use it to watch TV on Galaxy 25 (a.k.a. G-25,
Telstar 5, IA-5, or Intelsat Americas 5) with a GlobeCast WorldTV LNB.
The satellite setup currently works fine with the cheap receiver made by
GlobeCast.

I am planning to start testing with Mythbuntu-8.04.1 (kernel 2.6.24.x)
and go live next month after Mythbuntu-8.10 gets released (probably
newer kernel too).

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/