[mythtv-users] MythTV and ripping "The Phantom Menace"

John Baab john.baab at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 13:03:20 UTC 2008

You can try using ddrescue to rip it as well:

ddrescue /dev/dvd name_of_file.iso name_of_file.iso.log

If it has any copy protection then it will skip over those bad bits
and come back to work on them later, at which point you can just kill
the process.  I have yet to see a DVD that this has not worked on.
Glad that so many companies are willing to break standards and
introduce garbage that stops consumers from enjoying the product they
purchased, all in the name of piracy.