[mythtv-users] Cats and MythTV...

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Sep 11 21:50:11 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 14:11 -0500, Mike Isely wrote:
> We solved the
> problem with a strip of burgler foil taped around the outer edge and 220
> volts applied between the screen and the foil.

Not that I endorse this solution, but if you do try it please
use an inherently current limited source before the voltage
doublers, a 9V battery is good for this and if you aren't using
solid state DC-DC converters, it's simple enough to generate
a sine wave.

A doorbell transformer is current limited, but at something
like 1 amp at 18 V. A bit too much power for this application
+ they also consume a watt or two at standby which isn't
very green + you don't have double isolation from the mains.

I would try double sided tape first. :)

-- Daniel