[mythtv-users] Internal player muted

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Sep 12 02:56:33 UTC 2008

On Sep 11, 2008, at 7:49 PM, Angus wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> Your sound settings are probably wrong. I don't know what they are or
>> how your system is playing sound so I don't know how to help you, but
>> you should look there and not at your lirc configuration.
>>
>    Which sound settings? The system settings? It doesn't make sense
> that they'd be bad, since other apps are able to play sound. Also,
> when
> I push volume up and down I don't get the on-screen acknowledgement
> that
> the volume has changed, like I did before when it worked.

The audio settings in the Myth frontend.
Setup>General>Audio

Specifically look at Audio output device and Use internal volume
controls.

Also, check to see if you get visual volume feedback when you press
[ and ] keys on the keyboard. If that works and your remote doesn't,
then it's a lirc/keys setup thing.

-Brad