[mythtv-users] updated, now X crashes

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri Sep 12 04:27:10 UTC 2008

I updated all four of my home systems tonight (with ATrpms). They all
run Fedora 8. One of them is a myth backend/frontend, and two of the
others are myth frontends. All the updates went well, except one of my
frontends. On that system, mythfrontend starts up, but as soon as I try
to watch a recording, it crashes the X server. The mythfrontend log
doesn't show anything other than that the client was killed, and the
X.org log doesn't show anything except that a signal 11 was received
(segfault) and an ugly backtrace.

I figure I'm in a deep hole unless someone with better skills (or who
just got lucky) has seen this before and knows where to point me for
help.

What's odd is that the backend is a much more complicated system and
handles HD, whereas the frontend that's crashing is just plain old SD.

--Greg