[mythtv-users] archiving/organizing recordings within Myth

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Fri Sep 12 04:40:40 UTC 2008

I have a hobby interest in a particular British car marque. I have been able
to accumulate a few recordings, edited down to scenes featuring cars of the
marque. Now I'd like to get them out of the way, but still be able to jump to
them easily. They're over-cable SD recordings of between 1 and 10 minutes, so
size isn't an issue - access from the Watch Recordings screen or somewhere
close is my target. I don't want to share them, so I'd like to avoid
transcoding them into another format - just leave them as MPGs.

From reading the Wiki, it sorta looks like some combination of MythArchive to
stuff them somewhere else and MythVideo to read them from there would be an
alternative.

I am using the Retro theme, if that matters.

Or, is there is a way I can put these into their own category, like having a
Program called "Old Car Shows" with an episode titled after each recording?