[mythtv-users] kinda sorta remember there might have been a way..

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Sep 12 17:59:00 UTC 2008

On Sep 12, 2008, at 7:11 AM, Steve Heistand wrote:

> not to show already watched shows..
>
> So I record a lot of shows. When I go into 'watch recordings' there
> are getting
> to be an unmanageable amount listed in the default right hand pane.
>
> I have storage groups and recording groups but for the most part the
> shows
> get dumped into the default groups.
>
> Is there a way to make shows Ive already watched not show up in the
> big right hand side default pane listing of shows?
> Though I would still want them to be there if I went to their
> sublisting from the left hand panel.
>
> if any of that makes sense to anyone but me that is....

No, there's no way to do that currently. The closest you can get is
the Watch List which contains a list of stuff you should watch. The
algorithm is a little more complicated than I understand, but it has
something to do with stuff that's not marked as watched, how many of
the series are currently recorded, how long the programs have been
sitting there, the time of day it is, how you're feeling that day, the
phase of the moon, etc.