[mythtv-users] Sync 2 remote backends over VPN

Craig G. craig at goranson.org
Sat Sep 13 03:45:07 UTC 2008

In theory you could setup a user job to run at the end of a recording, have the user job run nuvexport and use the "nuv and sql" option to export the video and SQL to directory.  Use rsync to synchronize the files, then some kind of cron job or something on destination to scan the directory and move the files to the storage directory on the other box and import the SQL program information.  Would think something like that would work in theory at it would preserve the database info, and should be portable across different mythtv versions without doing a sql hack of your own.

Craig